Due to concerns about this contest being an effort to crowd source free design work, there will be no design contest this year. My apologies.
As a reminder – GenCant is a fully volunteer effort as a free “virtual” event for gamers around the world.
We’re rapidly approaching Gen Con 2016… which means we’re rapidly approaching #GenCant2016! This year, we’re trying to kick up the UnConvention a notch or two – starting with T-shirts! That’s right, we’re partnering with Analog Gamer to produce an official #GenCant T-Shirt this year.
The winner of this year’s design contest will have their design featured as the Official GenCant 2016 Badge and it will be printed as one of the official GenCant 2016 T-shirts! If you need some inspiration, here are the 2015 entries and winner.
- All submissions due by 11pm (Pacific) June 5, 2016.
- Submissions should be emailed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GenCant is a family-friendly event. Please design accordingly.
- Please ensure you have the rights to use any imagery, fonts, and iconography you use on the design.
- The Selection Committee’s decision is final and based purely on collective subjective preference.
- Typical badge size is 3″x4″ (900×1200 pixels in 300dpi). This isn’t required, but this way the official badge will slip easily into someone’s badge lanyard they may have from other events.
- Because the design will be printed on a T-shirt, use no more than 4 colors for the design.
- Designs can be created on the computer or hand drawn but ability to print on a T-shirt will be a factor in the selection. (Hand drawn designs will be assessed for ease of digital tracing.)
- Please save files as a TIFF or PNG in a high resolution. Vector files are preferred.
The winner will get a free shirt featuring their design as well as a lovely GenCant prize package.