#GenCant 2015 is coming to a close.
We hope everyone had fun chatting about games, playing games, and sharing fun photos. If you haven’t had a chance to yet, do a Twitter search (you don’t have to be a member) for “#GenCantPic” or look at the BGG GeekList to see all the amazing photo contest entries. They’re a lot of fun!
Thank you to everyone who participated in a #GenCant activity.
Thank you everyone who donated items to the prize pool.
Thank you to everyone who podcasted or wrote a blog article about #GenCant.
The enthusiasm and energy this year was overwhelming. The board gaming community is such a great group of people and hopefully everyone had a chance to connect a bit with other board gamers with #GenCant.
Hopefully everyone had a good enough time with #GenCant this year to want it again next year! We have plans for #GenCant2016 including:
- Marketing support for Local Events
- #GenCant promo
- #GenCant merchandise
- Organized tournaments via board game websites and/or apps
And there are still a few more #GenCant2015 items to come!
- Team V.E.S.T. will have a final report for us soon
- The Photo Contest Winners will be announced
- The Raffle Winners will be announced
Since I know everyone is eager to find out about the Photo Contest and Raffle here are a few details to set expectations:
- Entries are being collected and reviewed today. We hope to announce the winners no later than Aug. 3, 2015.
- There will 10 winners.
- Prize packs have been set aside for the photo contest winners – those will be assigned randomly to the photo contest winners.
- More details can be found on the Photo Contest post
- Raffle draw is scheduled for Aug. 3, 2015 to allow for time to review entries and ensure duplicates are removed etc.
- Non-US raffle winners will be assigned prizes randomly from the “worldwide shipping” pool of prizes first.
- All remaining prizes will be added to the general prize pool.
- US raffle winners will be assigned a prize randomly from the prize pool.
- Winners will be contact via email. You will have 3 days to reply to claim your prize. If you do not reply within the deadline, a new winner will be drawn. I must enforce this timeline to ensure prizes can be sent out in a timely manner.
- More details can be found on the Raffle post
Thank you all!