One of the fun things about Gen Con is getting your hands on the hot new games. But guess what! #GenCant attendees have a chance to get hot games (and more)… but for FREE! #GenCant2014’s giveaways were a huge success and highlighted the generosity of the board game community. This year’s prize pool is shaping up to be even bigger with lots of the hottest Gen Con releases…along with a bunch of phenomenal games, promos, and handmade items.
There are two ways to win prizes this year. You can enter both the RAFFLE and the PHOTO CONTEST! (Please note that you can only win one prize.) More details will be posted later, but here’s an overview of how you’ll enter for a chance to win one of these great prizes:
We’re trying to keep it easy to enter to win this year. All you need to do is fill out a simple and quick form asking for the following information:
- Your Name
- Your Country (not all prizes available in all countries)
- Your Email Address
- BGG Username
- Twitter Handle
This is where it gets fun! Show off the fun you’re having at #GenCant. What games are being played? How’s the food? Are the crowds manageable? Take a picture and show us!
To submit photos for the photo contest you must:
1a) Tweet it tagging it with the #GenCantPic hashtag, or
1b) Add it to the BGG Geeklist as a new item, and
2) Submit a photo entry form with the following information:
- Your Name
- Link to photo entry (we will show you how to find these links)
- Your Email Address
Now for some necessary details:
PLEASE NOTE – LINK TO BGG GEEKLIST AND FORMS FOR RAFFLE AND PHOTO CONTEST ENTRY WILL BE POSTED ON JULY 30, 2015.
- The drawing will be random based on a random number generator.
- Each person may win only one prize. If a previous winner is selected again, that prize will be redrawn.
- If you do not reply within 5 days of notification, a new winner will be selected.
- If you do not receive your prize (or communication from the donor) within 14 days, please email email@example.com
- GenCant is a family friendly event. Please keep photo content appropriate for that audience.
- Number of winners is TBD at this time.
- Winners will be selected by a judge panel. Their choices are final.
- You MUST submit your entries via the form. Tweets or Geeklist items not accompanied by a proper form entry will not be eligible.
- All entries must be posted and logged between July 30, 2015 and August 2, 2015.
- Winners will be announced no later than August 7, 2015.
- Winners of the Photo Contest are not eligible to win a raffle prize. Photo winners will be determined before raffle winners.
THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE PRIZE DONORS.
20 thoughts on “Raffle and Photo Contest – Overview”
For the photo contest, can people submit multiple photos to enter multiple times? Or is it one photo per person for one entry?
Yes – you may submit multiple photos! There will be more details when the photo contest launches – but we’ll have some other twists to the contest to try and make it fun.
So just to be clear to other people visiting this after me, you’re saying the raffle isn’t up yet, but it will follow the format above.
For non-US residents participating in the raffle, how is drawing their name resolved for items they’re not elligible to win?
Great question! We may still refine this approach a bit but overall here’s the plan (final process will be posted with the Raffle when it opens.)
There is no prize selection planned – prizes will be assigned randomly. The way the raffle will be handled is:
– All entries will go into a (digital) bucket
– Winners will be drawn from that single pool
– Winners from non-US locations will be randomly assigned a prize from the Worldwide shipping prize set
– Remaining prizes will be added back to the overall prize pool
– US winners will be assigned one of the remaining prizes at random
In the statistically unlikely scenario we have more non-US winners than Worldwide shipping prizes, I have contingency prizes from my own collection to cover the gap.
Hi, I don’t use twitter, can I still enter the raffle? cheers Andy P
Yes! The raffle entry will be a form on this website (www.gencant.com) that you will have to fill out. Twitter is not required.
Great stuff, I hope you’ll like my GenCan’t 2015 pictures…
Are the prizes maybe better in photo contest than raffle?
The winner(s) of the photo contest will receive a prize bundle made up of a mix of the prize donations. I cannot speak to “better” since that’s very subjective.
Oh, I wanted to surprise you with photos of 600 children having fun, then I just realized that GenCan’t is this week and not the next week. So I most likely show boring work photos…
Where do I obtain this nebulous form? Or do I just send an email to…a place?
Hi Nathan – it mentions it in the post… #GenCant starts on July 30 and the raffle will open then. It will be a form on this site.
Is there going to be a person per day getting a prize? Or is it going to be at the end of GenCon?
To keep it fair and manageable (one entry per person and a mix of US and non-US entrants) there will be one large drawing at the end of the Convention.
Does the photo have to be of a GenCant event? Because there’s not one near us but we certainly plan on playing some games this weekend 🙂
Details of the Photo Contest just posted, so hopefully that helps. But photos of practically ANYTHING during this weekend (that’s not at Gen Con) counts!
So, is the raffle form posted yet? 🙂
I can’t find the raffle link either.